lunes, 23 de noviembre de 2015

EXPRESIONES CON LA PALABRA "BY"

by a hairpor un pelo
by all accountsal decir de todos
by all meanspor supuesto
by and bypronto, en seguida
by and largeen términos generales
by any meanspor cualquier medio
  • It was an exciting race. We won it by a hair, I thought we'd come in the second place!
  • By all accounts, The Beatles are one of the most important rock 'n' roll bands in history.
  • Do you want an apple? By all means, take as many as you wish!
  • These shirts may be fashionable nowadays but by and by no one will wear them anymore.
  • By and large, the immigration in the country came from Spain and Italy.
  • Chuck's determined to get that job by any means.
by chancepor casualidad
by coincidencepor coincidencia
by dint ofa fuerza de
by farpor lejos
by force of habitpor costumbre
by handa mano
  • I was walking down High Street and I came across Lucy by chance.
  • Paul and I were at the theater last night and we met Joe and Vicky by coincidence.
  • You're not going to make your children obey just by dint of beating them.
  • London is, by far, the most exciting city I've ever been to.
  • I took down the clock from the wall but I keep looking that way by force of habit.
  • These leather sandals were completely made by hand. Aren't they gorgeous?
by heartde memoria
by hook or by crookpor las buenas o por las malas
by means ofpor medio de
by mistakepor equivocación
by no meansde ningún modo
by reason ofa causa de
  • We have to learn these four poems by heart for next class.
  • Tina says she's going to see Oasis in concert by hook or by crook.
  • We were able to raise the money by means of a raffle.
  • Oh, no! Jack's cell phone is the same as mine and I took his by mistake!
  • Going on a job interview is by no means a guarantee of actually getting the job.
  • I was absent from the meeting by reason of another engagement.
by requestpor petición
by the same tokendel mismo modo
by the skin of your teethpor poco, por los pelos
by the waya propósito
by virtue ofen virtud de
by way ofpor vía de
  • The package was delivered at these address by request of Mr. Allen.
  • I'm going to work more hours but, by the same token, I'll earn more money.
  • The thief was faster and he got away by the skin of his teeth.
  • Oh, by the way, don't forget to pick up your suit from the dry cleaner's!
  • The concert was postponed by virtue of extreme weather conditions.
  • I had to give my old car by way of payment for the new one.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario