domingo, 15 de noviembre de 2015

EXPRESIONES CON LA PALABRA "AS"

as a matter of factde hecho
as a rulepor lo general
as clean as a new pinlimpio como un jaspe
as clean as a whistletener un historial sin mancha
as clear as crystalclaro como el agua
as clear as mudclarísimo
  • Pat lives in Australia. As a matter of fact, she's been living there since 1998.
  • As a rule, we don't let any strangers in when my parents aren't home.
  • Glenn washed the car today and he left it as clean as a new pin.
  • Campbell is an honest man. I've investigated all his deeds. He's as clean as a whistle.
  • Don't worry, the instructor gave us all the instructions. He was as clear as crystal.
  • The teacher explained it in class, but it was all as clear as mud. Can you help me?
as cool as a cucumbermás fresco que una lechuga
as dead as a doornail/the dodomás muerto que mi abuela
as different as night and dayser la noche y el día
as dull as ditchwatermás aburrido que chupar un clavo
as easy as piepan comido
as far as I knowpor lo que sé
  • After a weekend getaway in the country, I came home as cool as a cucumber.
  • We arrived at the disco and there was nobody there. It was as dead as a doornail.
  • My mom and dad are as different as night and day, but they really get along.
  • That play was as dull as dithcwater. Next time we'll go dancing!
  • Crossing the lake was as easy as pie. We had a little boat and rowed to the other shore.
  • Grace didn't tell me she was in Madrid. As far as I know, she was in Paris with Ann.
as fit as a fiddlerebosante de salud
as full as a boot/tickebrio como una cuba
as mad as a hattermás loco que una cabra
as poor as a church mousemás pobre que las ratas
as pretty as a picturecomo de postal
as quiet as a mousesin siquiera decir "mu"
  • My grandad is 89 years old and he rides his bike everyday. He's as fit as a fiddle.
  • Pete went to the pub last night and he came home as full as a tick.
  • My mother-in-law is as mad as a hatter. First, she loves me; then, she hates me!
  • Will's uncle had money but he gambled a lot and lost it. He died as poor as a church mouse.
  • We visited an old medieval town in Florence, it was as pretty as a picture!
  • Sally's dad told her off for coming home late and she went to her room as quiet as a mouse.
as red as a beetrootrojo como un tomate
as (if) to the manner borncomo si hubiera nacido para ello
as usualcomo de costumbre
as ugly as sinmás feo que pegarle a la madre
  • Whenever I have to deliver a speech, I get as red as a beetroot, I can't help it!
  • Are you sure you'd never surfed before? You do it as to the manner born!
  • Last night I came home as usual, had a shower and went to dinner with some friends.
  • Rose went out on a blind date the other night and the poor guy was as ugly as sin!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario