lunes, 23 de noviembre de 2015

EXPRESIONES CON LA PALABRA "OUT"

out and aboutrepuesto, por ahí
out at the elbowsraído
out frontadelante, en frente (de un edificio)
out in left fieldtotalmente equivocado
out in the coldal margen
out in the openal aire libre
  • With just a few days of rest you'll be out and about again.
  • I love this jacket but it's a bit out at the elbows.
  • You go get the car, I'll wait for you out front.
  • That's not what happened! You're out in left field!
  • The other boys started playing football and left me out in the cold.
  • I want to go camping, spend a few days out in the open.
out louden voz alta
out of boundsprohibido
out of breathsin aliento
out of businesscerrado
out of circulationfuera de circulación
out of commissionfuera de servicio
  • Jack's great aunt is quite deaf so we have to talk out loud.
  • We're not allowed to enter my father's study, it is out of bounds.
  • We were all out of breath after climbing that hill.
  • The big department stores left my store out of business.
  • I'm sorry, sir, but this currency is out of circulation.
  • The elevator will be out of commission tomorrow.
out of conditionen mala forma/mal estado
out of contextfuera de contexto
out of control/handfuera de control
out of date/fashionpasado de moda
out of harm's way/the woodsa salvo
out of herefuera de aquí
out of iten otra onda
  • The toilettes in this school are all out of condition.
  • What Miss Smith said on that interview was taken out of context.
  • You must be more severe with your students or they will get out of control.
  • Do you think this music will go out of fashion?
  • As the President's bodyguard, it's your job to keep the President out of harm's way.
  • Stan was out of it at the pub, he had too much to drink.
out of jointdislocado
out of linefuera de lugar
out of one's headborracho
out of nowhere/the bluede la nada
out of one's systemquitarse algo de encima
out of orderno funcionar
  • Hank got his shoulder out of joint playing football.
  • Stacey's comment was a bit out of line, don't you think?
  • I was so out of my head at the party that I don't remember much of it.
  • Wendy was crossing the street and a car appeared out of the blue.
  • There's so much I need to get out of my system I don't know where to begin.
  • My printer is out of order, may I use yours?
out of phasedesfasado
out of placefuera de lugar
out of pocketsalir perdiendo
out of practicedesentrenado
out of proportiondesproporcionado
out of rangefuera del alcance
  • The band sounded out of phase on the stage, didn't they?
  • I can't go to my ex-boyfriend's wedding. I'll be totally out of place.
  • Those holidays in Fiji left me out of pocket.
  • I haven't played tennis for years, I'm totally out of practice.
  • The accident wasn't that serious, it was all blown out of proportion.
  • Sam tried to pick up the phone but it was out of range.
out of sortsmal, enfermo
out of stepno llevar el paso
out of the closetdeclararse homosexual
out of the corner of my eyepor el rabillo del ojo
out of the ordinaryfuera de lo común
out of the questioninadmisible
  • Ted was feeling out of sorts and he didn't go to school today.
  • Joe is a terrible dancer, he's always out of step.
  • When did you come out of the closet?
  • I was having lunch and I noticed a little kitty out of the corner of my eye.
  • The food was ok, but nothing out of the ordinary.
  • That's completely out of the question! My son will stay with me!
out of the wayfuera del camino
out of the windowpor la ventana
out of the woodworksde quién sabe dónde
out of this worldfantástico
out of touchno estar en contacto
out of townen las afueras, de viaje
  • Sure, we can go to Molly's but it's a bit out of the way.
  • If I eat just one slice of pizza my whole diet will go out of the window.
  • Who is this guy? He comes out of the woodworks and starts telling us what to do!
  • You have to see Mike's new yacht! It's out of this world!
  • It's such a pity we've been out of touch for so long.
  • Steph's out of town right now, would you like to leave a message?
out of tunedesafinado
out of whackfastidiado
out of worksin trabajo
out of your mindfuera de juicio
out on a limbarriesgarse
out on one's earde patitas en la calle
out to lunchen Babia, divagando
  • The tenors were fine, but the sopranos were a bit out of tune.
  • I'm having trouble with my car, the carburator's out of whack.
  • Are you out of your mind? You can't buy a 100,00-dollar car!
  • I'm not willing to go out on a limb and lose everything I've got.
  • Kelly was fired and now she's out on her ear.
  • It's impossible to have a serious conversation with Jeff, he's always out to lunch.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario