miércoles, 18 de noviembre de 2015

EXPRESIONES CON LA PALABRA "OFF"

off and onde cuando en cuando
off base/beamequivocado
off colorindispuesto
off dutyno estar de servicio/guardia
off guarddesprevenido
off keydesafinado
  • My computer keeps crashing off and on, I can't work like this.
  • The detective's theory about the murder was completely off base.
  • Alex was feeling a bit off color so I sent him home to rest.
  • I'm off duty tomorrow night, would you like to go out for dinner?
  • Mr. Lee caught me off guard when he asked me to do extra hours and I said 'Yes'.
  • Do you hear that? The piano is off key again!
off one's chestdesahogarse al confesar algo
off one's headmal de la cabeza
off one's high horsebajar los humos
off one's rockerchiflado
off seasontemporada baja; fuera de temporada
off sidefuera de juego
  • I can't lie to you anymore. I need to get this off my chest.
  • Have you gone off your head? How are you going to do that?
  • You're no better than any of us so come off your high horse, will you?
  • Mike must be off his rocker if he thinks his plan will work!
  • You'll get the tickets at a lower price if you travel off season.
  • Keane was off side so the goal was annulled.
off the airfuera del aire
off the beaten trackaislado, apartado
off the cuffde improviso
off the deep endcomo una fiera
off the hooklibrarse
off the markequivocado
  • Ok, we're off the air now, tell me what brings you to the radio.
  • I'm sick of the city. I want to get away, go somewhere off the beaten track.
  • Paul didn't know what to say so he made up an explanation off the cuff.
  • When I told my ex-husband I was leaving he went off the deep end.
  • All right, go home, I'll finish the report, you're off the hook.
  • Everyone thought I was off the mark when I said the product would fail.
off the railsdescarrilarse
off the recordextraoficialmente
off the top of my headde improviso
off the wagonvolver a darse a la bebida
off the wallsorprendente e inusual
off topicfuera de tema
off-beatpoco convencional
  • A train went off the rails near Seattle.
  • There are many speculations but they're all off the record.
  • Whatever I said to you, I said it off the top of my head, I didn't really mean it.
  • After two months without a drink, Gus fell off the wagon.
  • We need new ideas for the show, something off the wall to attract the audience.
  • The essay is quite good but it goes off topic in the end.
  • We make an off-beat show, that's why people like it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario