sábado, 21 de noviembre de 2015

EXPRESIONES CON LA PALABRA "IN"

in a good/bad moodde buen/mal humor
in a bad wayen mala forma
in a biten un momento
in a dithermuy nervioso
in a fix/jamen un aprieto
in a fogconfundido
  • If you want to ask the boss for a raise, go now! He's in a good mood.
  • Mark didn't mean you were fat, he just said it in a bad way.
  • Please, take a seat. Doctor Jones will see you in a bit.
  • What's the matter with Kate? Is she ok? She looks in a dither.
  • Nick crashed with his dad's car and now he's in a jam.
  • When I woke up after the surgery, I was in a fog due to the anesthesia.
in a jiffyen un santiamén
in a latherhistérico/a
in a long timeen mucho tiempo
in a manner of speakingpor así decirlo
in a nutshellen resumidas cuentas
in a ruten la rutina
  • Give me the shirt and I'll sew the button in a jiffy.
  • Sam was in a lather today when Joe told him he had lost his digital camera.
  • How's Danny? I haven't seen him in a long time.
  • Lisa, my mom's best friend, is like a second mother to me, in a manner of speaking.
  • Tell me what happened between Rob and Eve in a nutshell, I don't have much time.
  • I'd like to find a new job. In this one I feel stuck in a rut.
in a sense/wayen cierto modo
in a stewsudar la gota gorda
in a tight corner/spoten aprietos
in a whileen un rato
in abeyanceen suspenso
in additionademás
  • Being unemployed helped me spend more time with my children, in a way.
  • They almost didn't let me board the plane because I was 5 minutes late. I was in a stew!
  • Oscar borrowed money from some crook and he can't pay him now. He's in a tight spot.
  • I'm going for a walk in the park. I'll be back in a while.
  • With the coming of the DVD the video tape was soon in abeyance.
  • In addition to the economic crisis, the country suffered different natural disasters.
in advancede antemano
in agreementen acuerdo
in all probabilitysin duda
in good/bad faithde buena/mala fe
in good/bad shapeen buenas/malas condiciones
in black and whitepor escrito
  • We have to pay 500 dollars in advance for the trip to Spain.
  • After the meeting we were all in agreement about the budget for next month.
  • The Rolling Stones are, in all probability, the most famous rock'n'roll band in the world.
  • Mr. Williams offered to help us in good faith.
  • I haven't been to the gym for ages, I'm in bad shape.
  • All right, then, tomorrow you'll have the contract in black and white in order to sign it.
in briefen breve
in broad daylighta plena luz del día
in bulkal por mayor
in casepor si acaso
in chargea cargo, responsable
in checkbajo control
  • You go ahead and start without me, I'll join you in brief.
  • Can you believe it? I was mugged in the street in broad daylight!
  • I'm sorry, we only sell our products in bulk.
  • In case you need any help, call me and I'll be there.
  • Nelly is away and she left me in charge of the house, can I help you?
  • The classroom was a mess when the teacher was away, but when she came back everything was in check.
in circulationen circulación
in clovera lo grande
in cold blooda sangre fría
in deep troubleen serios problemas
in default ofa falta de
in dire straitsen serios aprietos
  • These coins are no longer in circulation.
  • When I have my own company I'm going to have money and live in clover.
  • The prisoners were brutally tortured and murdered in cold blood.
  • Manny was caught shoplifting and he's now in deep trouble.
  • Both of you will have to work extra hours in default of three of your co-workers.
  • The whole region is in dire straits because of the war and the economic crisis.
in dragvestido de mujer
in dribs and drabspoco a poco
in due coursea su debido tiempo
in earnestde veras
in effecten efecto
in escrowen depósito
in fashionde moda
  • There were many guys in drag at Stacey's costume party.
  • The students came back to the classroom in dribs and drabs after the break.
  • The article will be published in due course.
  • I spoke to Sarah in earnest and I told her what I thought.
  • In effect, her baby was born two weeks before mine.
  • These long skirts are no longer in fashion.
in forcevigente
in fullen su totalidad
in full swingen pleno apogeo
in good conditionsen buenas condiciones
in good handsen buenas manos
in good spiritsde buen ánimo
  • The new law will be in force by next year.
  • I need the transcription of the President's speech in full.
  • Flower power was in full swing during the sixties.
  • I'll lend you my car, but give it back to me in good conditions.
  • Doctor O'Neal is the best surgeon in the country, your wife is in good hands.
  • Fred is in good spirits today. He passed his exam.
in good timea su debido tiempo
in halfpor la mitad
in heaten celo
in heaven's nameen el nombre del cielo
in high dudgeonhecho/a una furia
in hockendeudado/a
in hot wateren un lío
  • All in good time, my friend. You have to be patient and wait.
  • Cut the oranges in half and squeeze them to get the juice.
  • The dog is in heat and we want her to have puppies.
  • What, in heaven's name, are you doing with that sword?!!!
  • Richard argued with Beth and he left the house in high dudgeon.
  • The Mayor was caught bribing a business man and he's now in hot water.
in keeping withde acuerdo con
in league withconfabulado/a con
in loveenamorado/a
in mint conditionen perfecto estado
in no timeen muy poco tiempo
in no uncertain termsclaramente
  • You'll find a life vest under each seat, in keeping with international safety laws.
  • That Marcy is in league with Paula to make me look like a mad woman!
  • I'm not in love with George! Who told you that?
  • The house is over a hundred years old but it's still in mint condition.
  • We had such a nice time that the days were gone in no time.
  • Stan said in no uncertain terms that he was never coming back.
in one ear and out the otherentrar por un oído y salir por el otro
in one fell swoopde un solo golpe
in one's blooden la sangre
in one's good/bad bookscaerle bien/mal a alguien
in one's mind's eyeen la imaginación
in one's own rightpor derecho propio
  • He never pays attention to what I say. It goes in one ear and out the other.
  • Do you seriously believe it's possible to stop illegal immigration in one fell swoop?
  • Pat's father was a pianist and her mother was a singer, music is in her blood.
  • Liz has been in my bad books ever since she told me I looked like a mummy.
  • I'm trying to imagine how things could be in my mind's eye.
  • Al worked hard to get that job, he earned it in his own right.
in one's own worlden su propio mundo
in one's right minden su sano juicio
in order toa fin de
in other wordsen otras palabras
in passingal pasar
in phasesincronizado/a
  • Jane seems to be in her own world, she never talks to anyone.
  • Kate told you that? Dear God! She's not in her right mind!
  • You must pass all the exams in order to get your degree.
  • They said they were going to let me go. In other words, I'm fired.
  • I heard Greg and Pete in passing talking about a trip to Africa.
  • The sound and the image of the video must be in phase.
in plain Englishhablando sin rodeos
in plain viewa la vista de todos
in playen juego
in point of factde hecho
in printimpreso
in progressen desarrollo
  • Doctor, I don't understand all this technical language. Say it in plain English.
  • The woman was mugged in the park in plain view!
  • Are you sure touching the ball with your elbow is in play?
  • In point of fact, Helen and Mark aren't really married.
  • A new edition of Shakespeare's Sonnets will be in print next week.
  • The building isn't finished yet. It's still in progress.
in reachen el alcance
in regard toen cuanto a
in retrospectretrospectivamente
in returna cambio
in search ofen busca de
in seasonen temporada
  • I like having everything in reach when I'm cooking.
  • I am writing in regard to Mr. Peter's complaints.
  • Everything seems clearer now in retrospect.
  • When I helped you, I didn't expect anything in return.
  • The story is about a man who is in search of his lost family.
  • Salmon is not in season, that's why it's so expensive right now.
in seventh heavenen el séptimo cielo
in short orderen poco tiempo
in short supplyescasear
in sick baysn la enfermería
in someone's shoesen los zapatos de alguien
in stitchesmorirse de risa
  • We were in seventh heaven when we found out about the pregnancy!
  • The product was so successful that we run out of stock in short order.
  • They say that water will be in short supply in a few years' time.
  • The kids had a small accident at school and they are in sick bay.
  • Ann lost 500 dollars at work yesterday. I wouldn't like to be in her shoes!
  • Frank's performance was so funny! He had us all in stitches!
in storede reserva
in the altogetheren cueros
in the back of one's minden un rincón de la mente
in the blacken números negros
in the buffen paños menores
in the clearinocente
  • Who knows what the future has in store for me?
  • My grandma was shocked when she saw a group of people in the altogetheron TV.
  • I've had this idea in the back of my mind for quite a while.
  • Yes, I've got enough money. My bank account is in the black.
  • When I was young, there were no people in the buff in the movies!
  • The police interrogated Freddy but he came out in the clear.
in the clinken la cárcel
in the cold light of daycon la cabeza en frío
in the doghouseen desgracia
in the doldrumsdeprimido/a
in the driver's seatllevar las riendas
in the eye/facea los ojos/la cara
  • My neighbor killed a man and now he's in the clink!
  • I was mad, now in the cold light of day, I think I overreacted a bit...
  • The teacher caught Joe cheating on the test and now he's in the doghouse.
  • Jerry's been in the doldrums ever since his wife died.
  • I'm tired of being told what to do! I want to be in the driver's seat!
  • Just look at me in the face and tell me you didn't do it.
in the family wayembarazada
in the fleshen persona
in the holeen deuda
in the knowenterado/a
in the lap of luxurycomo un duque
in the limelighten el candelero
  • Pam didn't expect to be in the family way until after the wedding!
  • Can you believe we are going to meet Ricky Martin in the flesh?
  • I've already paid Mary back but she says I'm still two hundred dollars in the hole!
  • The whole thing was a secret. Only Kate was in the know.
  • Bess says she's going to marry a millionaire and live in the lap of luxury.
  • You say you want to be famous but it's hard to live in the limelight.
in the long haul/runa la larga
in the mainen general
in the meantimemientras tanto
in the moneyforrado en dinero
in the moodde humor, con ganas
in the nick of timejusto a tiempo
  • We must solve the problem now or we'll have worse problems in the long run.
  • In the main, I spend the summer in the south of Spain.
  • I've already sent the letter. In the meantime, all I can do is wait.
  • Bob hasn't been in the money since long. A rich aunt of his died and left him all she had.
  • We invited Ann to come along with us but she wasn't in the mood.
  • The movie was about to begin but we got there in the nick of time.
in the pictureal corriente
in the pinkrebosar de salud
in the pipelineen trámites
in the public eyeen la mira
in the redcon la cuenta en rojo
in the righttener la razón
  • I'll be in Paris for the next two nonths, so please keep me in the picture.
  • I've always been in the pink. Not even a slight cold in my life!
  • We're going to buy a bigger house, but everything's still in the pipeline.
  • Politicians have to be careful with what they say. They're constantly in the public eye.
  • I don't know what to do! I have bills to pay and my bank account is in the red!
  • No! I won't shut up when I'm in the right!
in the same boaten la misma situación
in the same breatha continuación
in the same leaguea la altura
in the soupcon el agua hasta el cuello
in the throesde lleno
in the twinkling/wink of an eyeEn un abrir y cerrar de ojos
  • Of course I understand what you're going through. We're in the same boat.
  • Rob says he hates this city but in the same breath he says he couldn't live anywhere else.
  • My cell phone is not in the same league as the new ones. It doesn't even have a camera!
  • I must finish this report by Monday or I'll be in the soup!
  • If we don't reach an agreement we'll be in the throes of a civil war!
  • I'll heat this meat in the microwave and it'll be ready in the twinkling of an eye.
in the wrongequivocado
in this day and agehoy en día
in touchen contacto
in towa cuestas
in your primeen la flor de la vida
  • They'll never change their attitude because they don't think they're in the wrong.
  • It's so apalling that there should be slaves in this day and age!
  • Promise me we'll be in touch when you go away.
  • I can't just quit my job! I have my family in tow.
  • At the age of 55, Billy is still in his prime.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario