martes, 24 de noviembre de 2015

EXPRESIONES CON LA PALABRA "FROM"

from bad to worsede mal en peor
from day onedesde el primer día
from hand to mouthcon lo justo
from head to toede pies a cabeza
from hungera causa del hambre
from rags to richesde mendigo a millonario
  • Things keep going from bad to worse: first, I los my job, now I lose my house!
  • Charlie never liked school. He hated it from day one.
  • Liz says she lives from hand to mouth but she spends too much money on clothes.
  • Mr. Fitzpatrick is a real gentleman from head to toe. So charming!
  • The amount of people dying from hunger every day around the world is alarming.
  • My dad was very poor but he went from rags to riches working all his life.
from scratchdesde el principio
from side to sidede un lado al otro
from soup to nutsde principio a fin
from square onedesde el principio
from stem to sternde proa a popa
from the bottom of one's heartde todo corazón
  • My computer caught a virus and I had no backup so I had to start my workfrom scratch.
  • The flowers swayed from side to side in the light summer breeze. It was lovely.
  • Helen was very much involved in the project. She was in it from soup to nuts.
  • The police inquiry had to begin from square one after a series of false clues.
  • ´
  • We've searched the yacht from stem to stern but we didn't find any hole.
  • I wish you both a very happy marriage, from the bottom of my heart.
from the cradle to the gravedurante toda la vida
from the frying pan into the firede Guatemala a Guatepeor
from the get-go/word "go"desde el principio, desde el "vamos"
from the sublime to the ridiculousde un extremo al otro
from this day forwardde hoy en adelante
from time to timede vez en cuando
from way backdesde hace tiempo
  • My grandfather worked from the cradle to the grave to have everything he wanted.
  • We've gone from the frying pan into the fire, no money, no house, no car...
  • Alex said he would help me with the assignment from the word "go".
  • I didn't like the movie; it went from the sublime to the ridiculous all the time.
  • From this day forward, I'll start going to the gym every week.
  • I like having a glass of wine during dinner from time to time.
  • Pete and Tim are really good friends. They know each other from way back.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario